Powerful and Long-Lasting 56V Battery-Powered Hedge Trimmer
This is another great product in EGO’s award-winning, highly acclaimed POWER+ series. This one is the battery-powered hedge trimmer, model number HT2400 – HT stands for hedge trimmer and an easy way to remember the number is to think of it this way: owning this product will make you ready for the year 2400 (might as well think big right?!). The point of every product in the EGO POWER+ series is a battery power tool so advanced that it can replace its conventional corded or gas-powered counterpart. Here’s the EGO hedge trimmer review.
Included with this EGO POWER+ HT2400 hedge trimmer is the 2.0Ah capacity version of EGO’s awesome 56V Arc lithium battery. With the HT2400 this battery can last about one hour, which is a good reminder that you should be taking a break after one solid hour of trimming shrubs anyway. You’ll be amazed of how much you can get done in one hour with this hedge trimmer. Armed with the 24-inch dual-actioned hardened steel reciprocating blades running at 3000 strokes per minute, the HT2400 cuts unbelievably fast and clean in every contact. Too bad the blade is yellow, for if it were red or blue, one could easily pretend to be wielding a lightsaber.
It can cut up to ¾inch without a hitch, and to cut slightly thicker bushes, all you have it to do is put the blade to it a few times. Safety features include finger guard and the awesome electric brake that stops the reciprocating blade the instant you let go of the trigger. You’ll love the ergonomic non-slip handles and marvel at how quiet and cleanthe HT2400 is compared to gas-powered hedge trimmers, many of which require messy formulas of premixed fuels for the 2-stroke engine and are prone to startup problems.
What’s more, the competitive price of this high-performing battery-powered hedge trimmer is like icing on the cake. Rave reviews everywhere, so what are you waiting for?
- Cuts clean and fast up to 3/4 inch.
- Powerful 3000 strokes per minute.
- Long-lasting battery.
- More convenient yet more budget-friendly than serious gas-powered hedge trimmers.
- Made in the USA, with 5-year manufacturer warranty to reflect the build quality.
- Must use both hands. It is as or more heavy than a number of gas-powered hedge trimmers, largely due to the hardened steel blade and the battery.
- The location of the safety switch takes a bit of getting used to.
- The blade can get dull quickly from cutting thicker shrubs.