How would you like to transform the job of cutting hedges from a chore to a joy? You’ll get just that with the Husqvarna 122HD60. Husquvana have always been a name closely associated with quality across a whole range of products, from motorcycles and sewing machines, and everything in between. Despite being a petrol driven beast this hedge trimmer is designed to produce minimal noise so that you don’t continually distract neighbours or damage your own hearing, just one of several engineering challenges that have successfully been overcome here.
Features of the Husqvarna 122HD60
- The rear handle is adjustable so you can work with a handle that’s positioned in a way most comfortable for you. The handle is also designed for a soft grip on your hand thereby absorbing a great deal of vibration. The rotation of the handle is up to 180 degrees for cutting the sides and top of hedges
- The low noise engine ensures noise is supressed as much as possible, making trimming more pleasant for both you and your neighbours
- With a blade length of 60cm, it becomes easier for you to cut with each sweep, and get the whole job done more quickly
- Along with the soft grip handle, the anti-vibration dampeners in place help to absorb any form of vibration so that your arms and hands are spared irritation generated by vibration
- The double-sided cutter bar allows for increased cutting speed. The speed is approximately 4,050 revolutions per minute. Amazing, right?
- The blades are heavy duty with plenty of subtle nuances built into their design to improve cutting performance
- The smart start and recoil starter ensures that the engine starts quickly with minimum effort. In addition the air purge in the engine removes the air from the carburettor and fuel system for better running efficiency
Pros and Cons
Well, everything under the sun has its pros and cons, but let’s start on a positive note…
- It is light and very easy to manage
- The low compression in place allows for the easy starting of the hedge trimmer
- When the machine is turned off, the stop switch automatically returns to the start position
- The cutting bar has wider throats so that it can handle larger limbs
- The all aluminium body ensures the durability of the product so that you can use it for many years to come -no nasty shattering bit of plastic here!
- When given a full throttle it might shut down but will soon restart again
- To some, it can be heavy
This hedge trimmer is recommended for twigs and thicker branches, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use it for the smaller stuff too. The look and feel of this trimmer is ultra modern which serves to reassure us that it’s state of the art as far as all the other engineering details and intricacies are concerned. It certainly performs as such on first operating it, and there’s nothing to suggest it won’t continue to do so. Top marks from us!