When it comes to petrol driven mowers Hayter know a thing or two, with over 60 years’ experience in the business, their knowledge and expertise is perfectly demonstrated in their range of push mowers, of which this is the middle-sized option. Whilst this model is a self-propelled mower, it is also available as a push along variant. As far as self propulsion goes, we think this is one of the best self propelled petrol lawn mowers available.
The 48cm cutting width is definitely at the larger end of the scale for pedestrian mowers, so you’ll have no issue tackling a medium to large-sized garden with this machine, and what’s more the wheels are inset, so you can easily take the mower all the way up to the boarders of your garden.
The grass collection bag has a large 59 litre capacity, which is more than adequate, however the design is such that the bag is raked back at quite a steep angle, not terribly efficient from the point of view of the grass being directed into the bag. On the plus side the bag is narrow, so if desired can be lifted off and out from between the handlebar.
On the subject of the handlebar, this one is comfortable in operation and height adjustable, so no issues here when it comes to the height of the person doing the mowing.
• Wide cutting width (48cm) a decent size to cope with most lawns
• Range of 8 cutting heights between 25mm and 55mm
• Large wheels with decent treads to ensure traction on wet ground
• Long life ball bearings in wheels, keeps the mower running smoother for longer
• Design of grass collection bag isn’t ideal, tends to render some of the capacity redundant, however it is easy to empty without the need for excessive shaking and tapping. You might also find the transit into the grass box has a tendancy to block, especially if the grass is a little bit damp
• No rear roller, unlike many Hayter mowers
This is a no-nonsense, powerful machine that’ll keep your lawn in trim without any issues. The minimum cutting height is notably higher than some mowers, and there is no rear roller, so this certainly isn’t for the perfectionist/lawn enthusiast, but if you want something reliable, and that won’t take too much man power to operate or maintain then this is the mower for you.>>> Click Here For Pricing & Reviews on Amazon <<<