The Praxio PX4000 generator offers a reliable, affordable and economical solution to your power generation requirements. If you suffer from multiple power outages and you have many freezers full of food, then this is the generator to have ready and waiting in the garage. Pramac generators are tough, they work and are highly dependable. They’re so reliable that other manufacturers would probably like to put their name on one it and sell it as their own…. if they haven’t already.
This machine is protected by a tough, powder coated steel frame, essential for protecting it from job site conditions which can be tough. The unit is powered by a standard 4-stroke, Honda GX 390 petrol engine, so you’re in safe hands in this department. The PX4000 has an automatic low oil feature which protects the engine by shutting it down when the oil level drops dangerously low. It can be started both electronically or by a pull cord. However, it does not include a battery, which is a shame as it’s always handy to have one for backup, even if the Honda engine is as reliable as you could ask for. Other features include, folding handles, wheels and a roll cage design with a steel tank, all come as standard with this generator.
The unit’s petrol tank is located at the top which makes refilling simple, and least likely to result in spills. The tank has a capacity of 18.5 liters and can run for 10 hours straight at 75% load and in excess of 11 hours when the load is 50%. It also has a voltage selector, idle control, a well-labeled panel layout and a fuel valve on the tank which alerts you when fuel is running low. The generator is also quieter than expected of a device of its size with a noise level of 75dB. If you want a top quality and highly reliable generator, Pramac will always be a natural choice.
- Longer run time: This Pramac generator can run for up to 16.6 hours when loaded and makes it ideal for people who are fond of more extended outdoor activities. The Pramac keeps you powered for longer when there are power outages for long compared to conventional generators.
- Protection: The generator has an automatic feature that shuts the machine down when the oil levels are lower than the operational threshold. This feature eliminates the risk of internal component damage which may otherwise end up incurring high repair costs.
- Toughness: The machine is one of the toughest in its class which makes it ideal for camping, and other outdoor activities. A tough generator is not susceptible to breakages due to shocks caused by normal operation or transportation.
- High power output: with a continuous KVA rating of 3.25 and a maximum of 3.75, the Pramac generator is fit for use by high-draw appliances such as a refrigerator. More power also means that you won’t have an appliance overload problem when all your devices are plugged in.
- Bulky: the machine weighs well above 90 lbs. and needs wheels to be moved around, which significantly reduces its portability by hand for longer distances. The addition of wheels, whilst essential, also means it doesn’t fit in tight compartments, frustrating its portability further.
- Expensive: when compared to conventional generators of the same rating, you’ll have to dig deeper into your pockets with this model.