The last thing a do it yourself homeowner wants is to walk away from a power hammer drilling job feeling aches and pains throughout both arms. Some hammer drills vibrate to the point that you have to switch hands just to relieve the stress place on one arm. This cordless tool includes a rubber joint that eliminates vibrations and hence, keeps the battery terminals producing juice for the power tool. You never have to worry about the Makita DHR242Z failing in the middle of an extensive home improvement project.
You operate this popular home improvement tool in three modes: Rotation, Hammering, and Rotation + Hammering. The last operating mode allows you to tackle difficult jobs that typically require the use of multiple tools. Makita’s rotary hammer drill quickly moves through thick concrete, with some reviewers stating the drill moves quicker through concrete than the speed achieved by the 24V Combi Hammer BHR200. Makita ergonomically designed the DHR242Z 18-volt, 24-millimetre cordless li-ion rotary hammer drill to offer homeowners maximum power thrusts into tough to penetrate objects.
Homeowners that receive a brand new Makita DHR242Z might have to deal with a stiff switch that requires you to apply more force than normal. After the first time using the drill, the switch should move freely between the three operating modes. A few reviewers have complained about late delivery, which can be costly for homeowners that work under tight time constraints. However, we can’t attribute the delivery lag time to Makita or to third party delivery companies. The manufacturer often ships a tool out on time, but the shipping company produces the late delivery of the tool.
- Voltage: 18v
- Battery Type: Li-Ion
- Battery Charge Time: 22 minutes
- Max Drilling Depth in Concrete: 24mm
- Max Drilling Depth in Steel: 13mm
- Max Drilling Depth in Wood: 27mm
- Hammer Blows per minute: 0 – 4700bpm
- Weight: 3.3kg
- Cordless to increase user movement
- Three operating modes
- Powerful thrust drills through thick concrete fast
- Battery life is said to last for a good 4 hours of almost continuous use
- Rubber joint eliminates vibrations
- Ergonomic design
- Stiff switch during use for the first time
- Though uncommon, some users have remarked that the chuck is supplied misaligned in some cases. Certainly check for this on first receiving the drill, and swap for a replacement if necessary. Hopefully Makita have been made aware of this fact and will aim to improve their quality control process.
When you read reviews that describe the Makita DHR242Z 18 V Rotary Hammer Drill as a “Beast,” you know you have found one of the most powerful hammer drills on the market. Moreover, many professional contractors confirm the performance excellence delivered by this tool, and as the guys and gals who use such tools day in day out, their word is almost as good as it gets. With the absence of vibrations and an ergonomically designed grip, you’ll enjoy one of the most user-friendly heavy duty drills available, at an affordable price.>>> Click Here For Pricing & Reviews on Amazon <<<