A smart looking mower from Hyandi, the HYM40Pcombines its modern looks with proven technology to make it a first class choice for owners of medium sized gardens.
With its 40cm cutting width, this is definitely at the smaller end of the petrol lawnmower market, and the smallest in Hyundai’s range, so it’s the ideal introduction if you’re looking to upgrade your electric mower for something with a bit more bite. With its 2Kw engine it certainly packs a punch, but as the engine is 4 stroke you don’t need to be too concerned about noise, as this mower generates very little.
Boasting a 40 litre grass box, you’ll find that this mower easily copes with only having one or two empties per mowing session for the size of lawn this is designed for (90 metres square, or the size of a tennis court)
• Polyester cutting deck won’t rust, and is resistant to scrapes and knocks
• Folding handle for ease of stowage
• Lightweight- at 19kg exceptionally light for a petrol mower
• Easy to assemble before first use – also comes complete with all the tools you’ll need to put it together, which makes a pleasant change compared to some cheaper mowers
• Only 3 levels of cutting height adjustment- limited compared to other mowers, but then again should be more than adequate for medium sized gardens
• Unlike many petrol mowers it’s use is limited to smaller gardens
This is a great little mower, probably the best small petrol mower we’ve come across. It’s a great introduction for you if you’re looking to upgrade from you electric mower. There are some who would argue the case that in the size of garden this is designed for a petrol mower is overkill, and whilst there may be some truth in this you can’t deny the freedom of not having a lead trailing behind you is appealing. Whilst a battery mower may offer another viable alternative, there is still the issue of making sure it is charged and ready, not to mention the cost difference between a petrol mower of this size and a battery equivalent is negligible.