Presented in unusual grey livery, the first impressions of this petrol mower by lawn king are of something a bit different, but just how different?
Well in truth, there’s nothing particularly remarkable on offer here, with the exception perhaps of the price; astonishingly low for a petrol mower, even if it is quite a small one. It’s perhaps for this reason alone that this mower gets positive feedback from users, though there are some other good points too.
The single point of adjustment for setting the cutting height is always a must have feature, and luckily this mower doesn’t disappoint, unlike some cheaper electric models which have independent adjustment on every wheel which is far more of a pain to work with. The height adjustment itself offers 6 positions ranging from
Being a small petrol mower with a 40cm cutting width, it’s true that there are larger electric and battery powered mowers out their, but if petrol is your preference, and you value the freedom and reliability that it gives you, this lawn king mower is the perfect choice for you.
Among the many advantages this shares with other smaller mowers, is that it is quite light weight (well relatively anyway), at 25 kg, so if you’re feeling up to it you can feasibly carry the mower if necessary, if you’re feeling strong anyway! It’s also light enough not to require self propulsion, which is always a nice feature it must be said, but part of the reason this mower is so cost effective is that self propulsion isn’t included.
You’ll find some variants of this mower are powered by a 125cc Briggs and Stratton engine, this particular model however has a fixed speed 99cc Rally engine, so although undeniably lesser powered, it does again shave quite a few pounds off the ticket price, and for negligible difference considering this is only designed for medium sized gardens.
- Highly cost effective – the engine alone is probably worth what you pay for the mower!
- Simple to assemble, grass bag comes ready assembled, and the only tool you’ll need is a pair of pliers
- Large 40 litre grass box. Considering the size of the mower and typical sized garden you’ll likely use it in, you probably won’t need to empty this more than twice during a mowing session
- Ball bearings fitted to the large 6 inch wheels to ensure the job of pushing the mower is a smooth as possible
- Slightly overall flimsy feel to the build quality, but the price more than justifies this
This is a remarkably effective mower, which most importantly of all sells at a truly astonishing price. Not that it really has any, but any minor foibles would be forgivable purely because the price is so reasonable. Well worth every penny.>>> Click Here For Pricing & Reviews on Amazon <<<