The words ‘cool’ and ‘lawn mower’ don’t often go together, but if we had to pick a mower that we’d describe as the ‘coolest lawn mower on the market’ it would have to be the 20″ BMC Lawn Racer. With a British racing green cutting deck complete with orange go faster stripe, and wheels and fittings to match, this is a mower that sits proudly among the competition. Oh, and before we forget, it even has a cup holder! How many lawn mowers have you owned that have one of those!?
Embracing all the latest technology, this mower boasts an electric starter, complete with a modern lithium ion battery. So if reliable, easy starting is what you’re after, you’ve come to the right place. Naturallywith an electric starter behind it, this mower comes with self propulsion, complete with a range of speeds, so you can be sure there’s a pace to suit you.
In terms of cutting modes, as you might have guessed, this lawn mower does it all. Whether your preference is to discharge, side discharge, mulch, or collect using the massive 60 litre collection bag, the BMC 20″ covers all bases. You can even achieve a basic lawn stripe effect thanks to the plastic strip which, whilst not as good as a roller, does still give your lawn a striped look.
If we had to draw criticism of this machine it would be that the assembly instructions aren’t great. It is a little confusing, and exactly how to connect up the control cables and handle, isn’t at all clear. Likewise there is absolutely no indication of how much is required to sill the sump (less than 0.5 litres for reference). So it will take a little bit of time and initiative to put together, but if you can swallow that you’ll have a great bit of kit on your hands.
- Designed to be as user friendly as possible, with electric starting, self propulsion, and multi cutting modes all in place to make lawn mowing easy and versatile
- Looks the business, great colour scheme, and large rugged wheels
- Cleaning is a simple process thanks to the presence of a garden hose attachment on the deck. This allows you to clean the underside of the deck completely hands free
- Assembly instructions are not clear, and tools are required to enable assembly
- Lowest cutting height is too low for some users, although 25mm doesn’t seem that unreasonable to us
For the money you pay you can’t really beat this mower, it’s got all the features it’s really possible to get on a push petrol mower, usually an electric starter alone is enough to bump the price up significantly, but not so here. Of course it’s not perfect, and BMC would certainly do well to address the issue of the instruction manual, but generally speaking you get a lot of lawn mower for your money with this beast.>>> Click Here For Pricing & Reviews on Amazon <<<